Are you looking for a way to improve the surface finishes of your precision dies? If that is the case, you need to see what Extrude Hone AFM has to offer. There are so many benefits to using abrasive flow machining for surface finish improvements, and that is why over half of the world’s manufacturers of precision through passage dies utilize the technique. Not sure if it can help you? Keep reading to learn more about how to improve surface finishes with the abrasive flow machining process and how Extrude Hone AFM can help.
How is abrasive flow machining helpful for surface finish improvements?
So, what is the benefit of using abrasive flow machining to improve surface finishes? There are many reasons why it is helpful, including:
- The process polishes surfaces in the direction of flow, producing better quality and longer-lasting die with a uniform surface and gently radiused edges
- The die passage itself provides the restriction for media flow, typically eliminating fixture requirements
- Multiple passages can be processed simultaneously
- Surface finishes are improved by 90 percent with minimal dimensional change
- The uniformity of stock removal permits accurate “sizing” of undersized die passages
- Jobs requiring hours of highly skilled hand polishing are processed automatically in far less processing time than traditional methods
This list is by no means exhaustive! If you want to learn more about improving your surface finishes, contact us today.
What makes Extrude Hone AFM the best at abrasive flow machining?
So, what makes Extrude Hone AFM the best when it comes to abrasive flow machining and improving surface finishes? Well, we have over 51 years of experience and are one of the first to offer abrasive flow machining. We are knowledgeable and experienced and are happy to help improve your surface finishes. Plus, we offer free quotes as well!
If you need help improving your surface finishes, contact Extrude Hone AFM today!
If you are looking for assistance improving your surface finishes, abrasive flow machining is the way to go. And Extrude Hone AFM is the company to call. We have been in business for 51 years and know the ins and outs of the abrasive flow machining process. Our services are customizable to meet your exact specifications within the tolerances provided and we are always happy to help. Ready to get started? Give us a call today at (562) 531-2976 to learn more, obtain a quote, or request service!
To learn more about the reliable and quality abrasive flow machining and extrude honing services that we offer, visit us on the web at Extrude Hone AFM.