Now is the time to start planning to send all your most essential metal machined components to Extrude Hone AFM. Our patented process surface finishes and polishes metal machined parts down to the microscopic level. You’ll notice a real difference in the performance of your parts after sending them to Extrude Hone AFM. It’s always a worthwhile investment to send parts to Extrude Hone AFM, no matter what industry you work in! We have partnered with people in various essential industries, and we are always looking to expand our repertoire of applications – so if you don’t see your industry listed here, please contact us. Current industries we serve with impeccable extrude honing services include:
- Additive manufacturing
- Dies, molds, and gears
- EDM recast removal
- Food processing
- Turbines and pumps
Aerospace industryExtrude Hone AFM was originally established to serve the strict manufacturing specs of the aerospace industry. Deburring and surface finishing incredibly intricate aircraft hydraulic and fuel system components is very important, and we take our job tremendously seriously. We often apply our patented process for the aerospace industry in these ways:
- Improving airfoil surface conditions on compressor and turbine section components following profile milling, casting, EDM, or ECM operations
- Edge finishing of holes and attachment features to improve the mechanical fatigue strength of blades, disks, hubs, and shafts with controlled, polished true radius edges
- Precisely removing thermal recast layers left by laser or EDM operations
- Adjusting air flow resistance of blades, vanes, combustion liners, nozzles, and diffusers
- Finishing accessory parts, such as fuel spray nozzles, fuel control bodies, and bearing components
- Reworking components to remove coke and carbon deposits, improve surface integrity, or enhance eddy current readings
We customize our patented process for every application, and we carefully take note of each variable in each application to ensure excellent repeatability. Material removed from metal components will result in enhanced flow capacity, especially at high rpm.
Auto industryExtrude Hone AFM began working with people in the automotive industry over 30 years ago. During that time, we have perfected our patented process, which is now recognized worldwide for its ability to increase fuel and air flow up to 25%. As a result of the increased fuel and air flow, horsepower, thrust, and torque will improve on all types of internal combustion engines. Whether you work with 2-stroke or 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 cylinders to hemis, diesels, or turbos to aluminum or cast iron engines, our patented process will ensure you get the most out of them. We recommend sending your intake manifold to be extrude honed first. You’ll notice a tremendous improvement in performance right away, and then you’ll be able to move onto other metal machined parts.
Learn more about our amazing process, which we have been applying to so many different kinds of metal machined parts for over 48 years, by clicking around on this website. For more specific information or to request a quote, call us at (562) 531-2976 or fill out this form.