Extrude Hone AFM offers expert abrasive flow machining in New York NY for all your metal parts finishing needs
Most metal parts will need additional finishing after production, to remove imperfections left behind by casting, laser sintering, EDM, or conventional machining. For simple shapes, there may be many finishing options available. But the more complex the part--and the higher the level at which it will be expected to perform--the more difficult proper finishing becomes.
Lucky for you, at Extrude Hone AFM we have the solution you need:
Abrasive Flow Machining in New York NY.
Abrasive flow machining in New York NY works kind of like liquid sandpaper, utilizing an abrasive-laden polymer media to essentially erode away unwanted metal from the workpiece. This process offers several important advantages over other finishing methods:
- The process can be used on any metal including titanium, Iconel, copper, aluminum, bronze, and other alloys
- Hidden slots, convoluted passages, and cross drilled holes can all be finished with ease
- Both roughing and finishing can be completed in one process
- The entire workpiece need not be finished--we can direct flow selectively using the tooling
- We can control different variables in the process to meet your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in New York NY
IAt Extrude Hone AFM, we have developed a huge variety of polymers for use in abrasive flow machining in New York NY, from ultra-thick formulations to thin ones capable of flowing at nearly the speed of sound through very thin nozzles. This gives us the flexibility to provide all kinds of services including:
- Radiussing: Edges of discs and blades can be finished to a high standard to enhance strength and performance.
- Surface Stress Relief: Without proper finishing,EDM recast layers and other types of fatigue or stress points can lead to crack propagation and premature parts failure.
- Polishing: With abrasive flow machining in New York NY, every millimeter of the workpiece can be polished evenly to deliver the desired surface improvement.
- Geometry Optimization: Whether you’re talking about a gas or a liquid, the shape and smoothness of the passage will affect flow. Abrasive flow machining can be used to refine interior passages for better flow and better performance from engines, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts. Undersized die passages can also be resized with a high degree of accuracy and precision with our process.
- Deburring: Burrs of any size can alter flow or otherwise detract from highly precise processes. They are especially problematic for food and medical applications because they can harbor bacteria. Abrasive flow machining provides an easy way to remove burrs and improve surface finishes on even the most convoluted passages.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
If you have any metal parts that could benefit from abrasive flow machining in New York NY, please Call us at (562) 531-2976 today to learn more about our process and get a quote on your job.