Do you need abrasive flow machining in Charlotte NC? If so, you will be happy to learn that Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. How can we assist you and why should you consider AFM? Keep reading to learn more about abrasive flow machining in Charlotte NC and how Extrude Hone AFM can help.
The Benefits of Abrasive Flow Machining
Did you know there are many benefits to abrasive flow machining? The list is endless, but these are a few of the top reasons that people choose abrasive flow machining:
- With the right abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media, AFM can be used on any metal from titanium to aluminum
- Hidden slots, convoluted passages, and cross-drilled holes can all be finished with ease
- Both roughing and finishing can be completed in one process
- Tooling can be created to selectively direct flow to the areas or passages requiring improvement
- The process can be controlled with incredible precision to meet your exact specs
Keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive! Give us a call to chat about abrasive flow machining in Charlotte NC and how it can benefit you.
Uses of Abrasive Flow Machining
So, what can abrasive flow machining even be used for? Well, there are many uses, including:
- Radiussing: Edges of discs and blades can be finished
- Surface Stress Relief: EDM recast layers can be removed
- Polishing: Every millimeter of the workpiece can be polished evenly to deliver the desired surface improvement
- Geometry Optimization: Air, gas, or liquid behavior can be improved for reduced cavitation and enhanced performance in engines, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts
- Deburring: Provides a simple way to remove burrs and other imperfections
Again, this list is not all-encompassing! If you think AFM can help your business or process, reach out to us to discuss your needs and see how we can help.
For abrasive flow machining in Charlotte NC, contact Extrude Hone AFM today!
Are you looking for abrasive flow machining services in Charlotte NC to improve the performance of your components? If so, Extrude Hone AFM is the place to call. We have been in business for 51 years, so we have the knowledge and experience to handle any job no matter the size. Whether you want t to deburr or polish a component or radius a workpiece, we are here to handle the job. Are you ready to get started? Give us a call today at (562) 531-2976 to learn more, obtain a quote, or request service!
To learn more about the reliable and quality abrasive flow machining services that we offer, visit us on the web at Extrude Hone AFM.