Improve surface finishes fast with our precision AFM process.
Extrude Honing AFM also has revolutionized the finishing of precision dies. AFM is now used by more than half of the world’s manufacturers of precision through passage dies, due to several factors:
- The process polishes surfaces in the direction of flow, producing a better quality and longer lasting die with a uniform surface and gently radiused edges
- The die passage itself provides the restriction for media flow, typically eliminating fixture requirements
- Multiple passages can be processed simultaneously
- Surface finishes are improved by 90 percent with minimal dimensional change
- The uniformity of stock removal permits accurate “sizing” of undersized die passages
- Jobs requiring hours of highly skilled hand polishing are processed automatically in far less processing time than traditional methods
See the Difference for Yourself
Experience the difference our AFM process can make on dies, molds & gears by contacting us today at (562) 531-2976 to set up your first project.