Are you in need of abrasive flow machining in Indianapolis IN? If so, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. We offer quality and reliable extrude honing and abrasive flow machining services in Indianapolis IN and beyond. Not sure whether or not you need abrasive flow machining services? Keep reading to learn more about abrasive flow machining in Indianapolis IN and how Extrude Hone AFM can help!
What are the uses for abrasive flow machining in Indianapolis IN?
Do you need abrasive flow machining services? There are many benefits to using AFM on your components. Some benefits of abrasive flow machining are:
- With the right abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media, AFM can be used on any metal from titanium to aluminum
- AFM can reach even the most hidden holes, slots, and passages that would be inaccessible to other methods
- It provides roughing and finishing in one pass
- You can finish multiple passages at once or direct flow to one passage at a time using the appropriate tooling
- The process can be controlled with incredible precision to meet your exact specs
What are the different uses for abrasive flow machining?
There are many different ways to utilize abrasive flow machining services. This includes:
- Radiussing: Edges of discs and blades can be finished to a high standard to enhance strength and performance.
- Surface Stress Relief: EDM recast layers can be removed to eliminate the risk of failure on highly stressed components.
- Polishing: Abrasive flow machining can be used to deliver a uniform surface improvement.
- Geometry Optimization: AFM can be used as an aftermarket improvement on engine parts like manifolds, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts to optimize flow through the passages without affecting volume
- Deburring: AFM provides a simple way to remove burrs and other imperfections, improving surface finishes by 90 percent with minimal dimensional change.
Contact Extrude Home AFM today for all of your abrasive flow machining needs in Indianapolis IN!
If you are interested in utilizing the abrasive flow machining process in your operation or for your components, Extrude Hone AFM is the company to call. We have been in business since 1971, which means that we have over 50 years of experience. There is no job too big or too small for our skilled team to handle. Our abrasive flow machining process is completely customizable so you can rest assured that we will be able to deliver the results you want within the tolerances you provide. To discuss your project or obtain a quote, please contact us at (562) 531-2976 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the reliable and quality abrasive flow machining services that we offer, visit us on the web at Extrude Hone AFM.