Extrude honing is a process that can be utilized by many different industries. The aerospace industry is one of the industries that can utilize abrasive flow machining and extrude honing in the process. In fact, the aerospace industry is where we actually began offering our services. The extrude honing process was invented to deburr and finish aircraft hydraulic and fuel system components. Over the years, we have perfected the highly customized process and are happy to offer our services to those in the aerospace industry.
What are the benefits of sending aerospace components to Extrude Hone AFM?
There are many benefits associated with sending your aerospace components to the experts at Extrude Hone AFM. The process of extrude honing allows inaccessible areas in aircraft components to be deburred, polished, and finished. Our patented process can improve surface finish on cast blades, edge radii on attachment features of disks and blades, and remove thermal machining recast after EDM or laser machining. With material removal from blades, you can experience a more balanced flow capability and added flow capacity.
What services does Extrude Hone AFM provide?
At Extrude Hone AFM, we offer a variety of services. Our patented process includes the following services for the aerospace industry:
- Improving airfoil surface conditions on compressor and turbine section components following profile milling, casting, EDM, or ECM operations
- Edge finishing of holes and attachment features to improve the mechanical fatigue strength of blades, disks, hubs, and shafts with controlled, polished true radius edges
- Precisely removing thermal recast layers left by laser or EDM operations
- Adjusting airflow resistance of blades, vanes, combustion liners, nozzles, and diffusers
- Finishing accessory parts, such as fuel spray nozzles, fuel control bodies, and bearing components
- Reworking components to remove coke and carbon deposits, improve surface integrity, or enhance eddy current readings
Keep in mind that this list of services is not all-encompassing. If you need other abrasive flow machining services, we can help.
Contact Extrude Hone AFM today for your free estimate!
Are you interested in how abrasive flow machining can help your aerospace manufacturing process? With over 49 years of experience, Extrude Hone AFM is a leader in extrude honing aerospace components. Our process can remove coke and carbon deposits, adjust airflow resistance, remove thermal recast layers precisely, edge finish components, and more! We offer our services throughout the country and always offer free quotes for our quality services. If you are interested, contact us today at (562) 531-2976 or email@example.com to request a quote for our reliable extrude honing services.
To learn more about the reliable and quality extrude honing services that we offer, visit us on the web at Extrude Hone AFM.