Extrude Hone AFM offers expert abrasive flow machining in Anaheim for all your metal parts finishing needs
When dealing with a relatively simple metal part, there may be many possible options for enhancing the finish and removing any small imperfections left behind by the manufacturing process. But the more complex your needs and the more exacting your specs, the smaller your field of options for finishing becomes.
Fortunately, Extrude Hone AFM offers a service equal to the most complex needs:
Abrasive Flow Machining in Anaheim.
Abrasive flow machining in Anaheim works kind of like liquid sandpaper, utilizing an abrasive-laden polymer media to essentially erode away unwanted metal from the workpiece. Compared to other finishing methods, abrasive flow machining offers several important benefits:
- With the right abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media, AFM can be used on any metal from titanium to aluminum
- AFM can reach even the most hidden holes, slots, and passages that would be inaccessible to other methods
- It provides roughing and finishing in one pass
- You can finish multiple passages at once or direct flow to one passage at a time using the appropriate tooling
- The process can be controlled with incredible precision to meet your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in Anaheim
By controlling different variables, we can easily adapt abrasive flow machining in Anaheim to different uses such as:
- Radiussing: Edges of discs and blades can be finished to a high standard to enhance strength and performance.
- Surface Stress Relief: Without proper finishing, EDM recast layers and other types of fatigue or stress points can lead to crack propagation and premature parts failure.
- Polishing: Even the most complex shapes of metal parts and the most convoluted of internal passages can be smoothed evenly with abrasive flow machining in Anaheim. Our process is sensitive enough for even the most delicate honing, enhancing the finish without exceeding the blueprint specs.
- Geometry Optimization: AFM can be used as an aftermarket improvement on engine parts like manifolds, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts to optimize flow through the passages without affecting volume. AFM is also very useful for resizing precision dies.
- Deburring: Burrs of any size can alter flow or otherwise detract from highly precise processes. They are especially problematic for food and medical applications because they can harbor bacteria. With AFM, burrs can be removed without risk of damage or contamination to the passages in the part. The polymer media will carry them totally away.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
If you have any metal parts that could benefit from abrasive flow machining in Anaheim, please contact us today to learn more about our process and get a quote on your job.