Our abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Whether you’re using conventional manufacturing techniques or the latest 3D laser sintering methods to produce a metal part or prototype, you’re going to end up with burrs. These burrs must be removed to get the best performance from your part. When manual deburring or electrochemical deburring isn’t enough, turn to Extrude Hone AFM for abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA. This process can:
- Remove burrs from any internal or external surface with a chemically inert media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA is a purely mechanical process that works by controlled erosion. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The rate at which metal is removed from the workpiece depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, it is especially useful for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM discovered the benefits of abrasive flow deburring in Chatsworth CA to improve the efficiency and performance of combustion engines, and today our process is routinely used by major manufacturers like Ford and Cadillac. The most commonly deburred automotive part is the intake manifold. By smoothing all the internal passages in the manifold, our process can improve the efficiency of combustion and reduce emissions.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Extrude Hone AFM’s Ultra Pure deburring process, designed specifically for the food processing industry, can render surfaces so smooth these problems will be a distant memory.
Call Now to Learn More
Extrude Hone AFM can assist with deburring projects of all sizes, whether you have one part for your muscle car or a thousand parts for your business. To get a quote, please contact us online or dial (562) 531-2976.