Our abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Whether you’re using conventional manufacturing techniques or the latest 3D laser sintering methods to produce a metal part or prototype, you’re going to end up with burrs. These burrs must be removed to get the best performance from your part. When manual deburring or electrochemical deburring isn’t enough, turn to Extrude Hone AFM for abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX. This process can:
- Remove burrs from any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX works on the same principle as a river eroding rock, but in a precisely controlled manner. The first step is to identify the passages or surfaces to be deburred and then create a tool that will direct the flow to these areas. Then, we select an appropriate size of abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media to carry it. As we force the material through the workpiece using a hydraulic ram, it makes contact with every millimeter of the surface to be deburred, resulting in very uniform removal of material. Our expert staff understands exactly how to control this process by creating the right set of parameters for the job, based on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, it is especially useful for:
- Aerospace: The abrasive flow deburring process was actually invented for the aerospace industry. At Extrude Hone AFM, we continue to provide abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX up to the extremely high standards and tight tolerances required for aerospace applications.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Dallas TX can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Treating parts with our Ultra Pure abrasive flow machining process can prevent these issues.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. To get a quote, please contact us online or dial (562) 531-2976.