Our abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
A 100 percent perfect manufacturing process has not been invented yet. Even the most high-tech methods can leave behind microscopic burrs and other imperfections. Removing these imperfections is essential for getting the best performance from the part, but the process can be very difficult on hidden interior surfaces. Manual deburring may not be possible, and electrochemical deburring may not be sufficient. Fortunately, abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO will get the job done. Our process can:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a chemically inactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Be applied to any metal from the hardest super alloys to soft aluminum or copper
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO is accomplished through the use of specially formulated abrasive-laden polymers that behave sort of like flexible, 3D sandpaper. We use a holding tool to direct the flow exactly where it is needed and a hydraulic ram to pressurize the polymer media so that it contacts all the surfaces at once and removes material evenly. The process is highly customizable, enabling us to remove imperfections large and small from all kinds of metals. Our technicians know exactly how to adjust the following factors to give the exact results you want:
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, it is most commonly used for:
- Aerospace: The abrasive flow deburring process was actually invented for the aerospace industry. At Extrude Hone AFM, we continue to provide abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO up to the extremely high standards and tight tolerances required for aerospace applications.
- Automotive Engines: Whether it is air or fuel flowing through the passages in an engine part, any turbulence is going to decrease efficiency. Using abrasive flow deburring in Denver CO, we can reduce turbulence and increase flow up to 25 percent. This in turn encourages more complete combustion for better fuel efficiency, power, and performance.
- Food Processing Equipment: It is extremely important for food processing equipment to be totally smooth. Why? Because rough surfaces can trap bacteria and lead to contamination. At Extrude Hone, we’ve developed a deburring process called Ultra Pure that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
If you have questions about abrasive flow deburring or about Extrude Hone AFM, Call us at (562) 531-2976 or submitting an online contact form. Don’t forget--we can handle project of all sizes, from aftermarket improvements on one single auto part to professional deburring for thousands of newly manufactured parts.