Extrude Hone AFM offers expert abrasive flow machining in Denver CO for all your metal parts finishing needs
Whether you are producing metal parts yourself by casting, laser sintering, EDM, or conventional machining, or working with aftermarket parts, chances are you are going to need some surface improvements to remove imperfections. If your needs are simple, manual polishing or electrochemical deburring might work. But the more complicated the shape of your part, and the more exacting the specifications for the interior geometry of the part, the less satisfactory these methods become.
The good news is, you’ve found a process that can help at Extrude Hone AFM:
Abrasive Flow Machining in Denver CO.
In abrasive flow machining in Denver CO, a hydraulic ram is used to push an abrasive-laden polymer media through the workpiece. This results in controlled erosion of the surfaces that the media comes in contact with. This delivers many advantages for the finishing process:
- It can be used on any metal, from hardened, difficult-to-machine super alloys to soft metals like aluminum
- AFM can reach even the most hidden holes, slots, and passages that would be inaccessible to other methods
- Both roughing and finishing can be completed in one process
- The entire workpiece need not be finished--we can direct flow selectively using the tooling
- We can control different variables in the process to meet your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in Denver CO
IWith many different levels of abrasion available, abrasive flow machining in Denver CO can be adapted to all kinds of metal finishing needs, such as:
- Radiussing: Edges of discs and blades can be finished to a high standard to enhance strength and performance.
- Surface Stress Relief: Without proper finishing,EDM recast layers and other types of fatigue or stress points can lead to crack propagation and premature parts failure.
- Polishing: Even the most complex shapes of metal parts and the most convoluted of internal passages can be smoothed evenly with abrasive flow machining in Denver CO. Our process is sensitive enough for even the most delicate honing, enhancing the finish without exceeding the blueprint specs.
- Geometry Optimization: The shape of interior passages in engines, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts has a big impact on performance. Abrasive flow machining can help smooth and shape passages to optimize fluid and gas behavior. Undersized die passages can also be resized with a high degree of accuracy and precision with our process.
- Deburring: Tiny burrs or imperfections in metal components can impede flow and introduce contamination into manufacturing processes. Abrasive flow machining provides an easy way to remove burrs and improve surface finishes on even the most convoluted passages.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
If you have any metal parts that could benefit from abrasive flow machining in Denver CO, please Call us at (562) 531-2976 today to learn more about our process and get a quote on your job.