Our abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Metal products created by EDM, laser sintering, casting, or conventional machining will require some type of finishing to remove burrs and other imperfections left by the manufacturing process. When manual deburring or electrochemical deburring isn’t enough, turn to Extrude Hone AFM for abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA. This process can:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA is a purely mechanical process that works by controlled erosion. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The rate at which metal is removed from the workpiece depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA?
Abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. However, at Extrude Hone AFM we have special expertise in abrasive flow deburring for:
- Aerospace: The abrasive flow deburring process was actually invented for the aerospace industry. At Extrude Hone AFM, we continue to provide abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA up to the extremely high standards and tight tolerances required for aerospace applications.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM discovered the benefits of abrasive flow deburring in El Segundo CA to improve the efficiency and performance of combustion engines, and today our process is routinely used by major manufacturers like Ford and Cadillac. The most commonly deburred automotive part is the intake manifold. By smoothing all the internal passages in the manifold, our process can improve the efficiency of combustion and reduce emissions.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Treating parts with our Ultra Pure abrasive flow machining process can prevent these issues.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. To get a quote, please contact us online or dial (562) 531-2976.