Our abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
A 100 percent perfect manufacturing process has not been invented yet. Even the most high-tech methods can leave behind microscopic burrs and other imperfections. When it comes to removing these imperfections, the traditional methods of manual deburring and electrochemical deburring often leave a lot to be desired--especially if you need a highly precise result. Fortunately, abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX will get the job done. Our process can:
- Reach any internal or external edge, slot, hole, or passage with a chemically inactive media
- polish complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX is a specific type of abrasive flow machining process that utilizes an abrasive-laden polymer media that can selectively and controllably abrade the surfaces it flows across. Our polymers are designed to keep the abrasive particles suspended uniformly at all times, while also allowing them to recirculate so fresh abrasive is always available where the polymer meets the surface being deburred. The process is highly customizable, enabling us to remove imperfections large and small from all kinds of metals. Our technicians know exactly how to adjust the following factors to give the exact results you want:
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX?
Abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. However, at Extrude Hone AFM we have special expertise in abrasive flow deburring for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Houston TX can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: It is extremely important for food processing equipment to be totally smooth. Why? Because rough surfaces can trap bacteria and lead to contamination. At Extrude Hone, we’ve developed a deburring process called Ultra Pure that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
If you would like to learn more about our service, please Call us at (562) 531-2976 or fill out our online contact form. Don’t forget--we can handle project of all sizes, from aftermarket improvements on one single auto part to professional deburring for thousands of newly manufactured parts.