Our abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
A 100 percent perfect manufacturing process has not been invented yet. Even the most high-tech methods can leave behind microscopic burrs and other imperfections. Removing these imperfections is essential for getting the best performance from the part, but the process can be very difficult on hidden interior surfaces. Manual deburring may not be possible, and electrochemical deburring may not be sufficient. The good news is, you’ve found a better alternative at Extrude Hone AFM. We can provide abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN to:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does abrasive flow deburring achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN is kind of like using liquid sandpaper. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The speed of the process and how much metal is removed on each pass depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. But there are some industries where it is used more often. For example, Extrude Hone AFM frequently does work for:
- Aerospace: Abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN can enhance aerospace applications in many ways, from improving airfoil surface conditions to creating true radius edges to reducing mechanical fatigue around holes and attachments.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Indianapolis IN can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Extrude Hone AFM’s Ultra Pure deburring process, designed specifically for the food processing industry, can render surfaces so smooth these problems will be a distant memory.
Call Now to Learn More
If you would like to learn more about our services, please Call us at (562) 531-2976 or fill out our online contact form. Don’t forget--we can handle project of all sizes, from aftermarket improvements on one single auto part to professional deburring for thousands of newly manufactured parts.