Our abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
A 100 percent perfect manufacturing process has not been invented yet. Even the most high-tech methods can leave behind microscopic burrs and other imperfections. Removing these imperfections is essential for getting the best performance from the part, but the process can be very difficult on hidden interior surfaces. Manual deburring may not be possible, and electrochemical deburring may not be sufficient. The good news is, you’ve found a better alternative at Extrude Hone AFM. We can provide abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS to:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- polish cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Be applied to any metal from the hardest super alloys to soft aluminum or copper
- Perform roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does abrasive flow deburring achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS works on the same principle as a river eroding rock, but in a precisely controlled manner. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The rate at which metal is removed from the workpiece depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS?
Abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. But there are some industries where it is used more often. For example, Extrude Hone AFM frequently does work for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Whether it is air or fuel flowing through the passages in an engine part, any turbulence is going to decrease efficiency. Using abrasive flow deburring in Kansas City KS, we can reduce turbulence and increase flow up to 25 percent. This in turn encourages more complete combustion for better fuel efficiency, power, and performance.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Because our Ultra Pure process is so effective at removing burrs, it is a real boon for the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
If you have questions about abrasive flow deburring or about Extrude Hone AFM, contact us by calling (562) 531-2976 or submitting an online contact form. Remember, we can deliver the same high-quality results whether you have one part of a thousand to deburr.