Our abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
When it comes to manufacturing metal parts, even the most precise methods can leave behind burrs or other imperfections that could impair the integrity of the part itself or the larger system in which it will be used. Obviously this needs to be fixed before you install the part. When manual deburring or electrochemical deburring isn’t enough, turn to Extrude Hone AFM for abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV. This process can:
- Deburr any internal or external edge, slot, hole, or passage with a non-reactive media
- polish cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV is kind of like using liquid sandpaper. The first step is to identify the passages or surfaces to be deburred and then create a tool that will direct the flow to these areas. Then, we select an appropriate size of abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media to carry it. As we force the material through the workpiece using a hydraulic ram, it makes contact with every millimeter of the surface to be deburred, resulting in very uniform removal of material. The rate at which metal is removed from the workpiece depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, it is most commonly used for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM discovered the benefits of abrasive flow deburring in Las Vegas NV to improve the efficiency and performance of combustion engines, and today our process is routinely used by major manufacturers like Ford and Cadillac. The most commonly deburred automotive part is the intake manifold. By smoothing all the internal passages in the manifold, our process can improve the efficiency of combustion and reduce emissions.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Because our Ultra Pure process is so effective at removing burrs, it is a real boon for the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. To get a quote, please contact us online or dial (562) 531-2976.