Extrude Hone AFM offers expert abrasive flow machining in Las Vegas NV for all your metal parts finishing needs
When dealing with a relatively simple metal part, there may be many possible options for enhancing the finish and removing any small imperfections left behind by the manufacturing process. However, many of these processes have significant limitations for more complex parts. For example, manual polishing is extremely tedious and costly work, and isn’t effective on extremely convoluted passages.
Lucky for you, you’ve found a process that can help at Extrude Hone AFM:
Abrasive Flow Machining in Las Vegas NV.
Abrasive flow machining in Las Vegas NV utilizes specially formulated polymer media to suspend abrasive grit and deliver it evenly to every corner of the workpiece being finished. This process offers several important advantages over other finishing methods:
- The process can be used on any metal including titanium, Iconel, copper, aluminum, bronze, and other alloys
- AFM can reach even the most hidden holes, slots, and passages that would be inaccessible to other methods
- Both roughing and finishing can be completed in one process
- The entire workpiece need not be finished--we can direct flow selectively using the tooling
- We can control different variables in the process to meet your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in Las Vegas NV
Thanks to the highly customizable nature of the process, abrasive flow machining in Las Vegas NV has many different uses including:
- Radiussing: By providing a gentle, even, and continuous radiused edge AFM can enhance all kinds of parts, including aerospace parts like jet engine discs.
- Surface Stress Relief: Without proper finishing, EDM recast layers and other types of fatigue or stress points can lead to crack propagation and premature parts failure.
- Polishing: No matter how complex the shape of a part or passage, abrasive flow machining in Las Vegas NV can be used to deliver a uniform surface improvement.
- Geometry Optimization: By using AFM to smooth and shape passages, air, gas, or liquid behavior can be improved for reduced cavitation and enhanced performance in engines, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts. AFM is also very useful for resizing precision dies.
- Deburring: Even the tiniest metal burrs can interfere with the performance of a part, or even put human health at risk in the case of burr trapping bacteria in a food processing or medical component. AFM provides a simple way to remove burrs and other imperfections, improving surface finishes by 90 percent with minimal dimensional change.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
If you have any metal parts that could benefit from abrasive flow machining in Las Vegas NV, please contact us today to learn more about our process and get a quote on your job.