Our abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
When it comes to manufacturing metal parts, even the most precise methods can leave behind burrs or other imperfections that could impair the integrity of the part itself or the larger system in which it will be used. Obviously this needs to be fixed before you install the part. Manual deburring can only reach so far into a part and is hard to perform evenly. Electrochemical deburring can reach further, but is not suitable for all metals. Abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ provides an incredibly beneficial alternative. It can:
- Deburr any internal or external edge, slot, hole, or passage with a non-reactive media
- polish cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Perform roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ works on the same principle as a river eroding rock, but in a precisely controlled manner We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The rate at which metal is removed from the workpiece depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ?
Well, due to the highly customizable nature of the process, which can be controlled to aggressively remove material or deliver the finest surface honing, the potential applications of abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ are virtually infinite. However, at Extrude Hone AFM we have special expertise in abrasive flow deburring for:
- Aerospace: The abrasive flow deburring process was actually invented for the aerospace industry. At Extrude Hone AFM, we continue to provide abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ up to the extremely high standards and tight tolerances required for aerospace applications.
- Automotive Engines: Whether it is air or fuel flowing through the passages in an engine part, any turbulence is going to decrease efficiency. Using abrasive flow deburring in Phoenix AZ, we can reduce turbulence and increase flow up to 25 percent. This in turn encourages more complete combustion for better fuel efficiency, power, and performance.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Because our Ultra Pure process is so effective at removing burrs, it is a real boon for the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. Call us at (562) 531-2976 to learn more.