Our abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
No matter what type of manufacturing process is used to fabricate a metal part, the results will not be perfect. Instead, tiny, jagged burrs will be left behind somewhere on the part. Removing these imperfections is essential for getting the best performance from the part, but the process can be very difficult on hidden interior surfaces. Manual deburring may not be possible, and electrochemical deburring may not be sufficient. The good news is, you’ve found a better alternative at Extrude Hone AFM. We can provide abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA to:
- Deburr any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- polish complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Perform roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA is accomplished through the use of specially formulated abrasive-laden polymers that behave sort of like flexible, 3D sandpaper. We use a holding tool to direct the flow exactly where it is needed and a hydraulic ram to pressurize the polymer media so that it contacts all the surfaces at once and removes material evenly. By adjusting the following variables, we can adjust our process to suit different types of metal, whether you need fine polishing or aggressive surface removal:
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA?
Abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. However, it is especially useful for:
- Aerospace: Abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA can enhance aerospace applications in many ways, from improving airfoil surface conditions to creating true radius edges to reducing mechanical fatigue around holes and attachments.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Placentia CA can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: It is extremely important for food processing equipment to be totally smooth. Why? Because rough surfaces can trap bacteria and lead to contamination. At Extrude Hone, we’ve developed a deburring process called Ultra Pure that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
Extrude Hone AFM can assist with deburring projects of all sizes, whether you have one part for your muscle car or a thousand parts for your business. To get a quote, please Call us at (562) 531-2976.