Our abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
A 100 percent perfect manufacturing process has not been invented yet. Even the most high-tech methods can leave behind microscopic burrs and other imperfections. Removing these imperfections is essential for getting the best performance from the part, but the process can be very difficult on hidden interior surfaces. Manual deburring may not be possible, and electrochemical deburring may not be sufficient. Fortunately, abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ will get the job done. Our process can:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a chemically inactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Be applied to any metal from the hardest super alloys to soft aluminum or copper
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How can all this be done?
Abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ works on the same principle as a river eroding rock, but in a precisely controlled manner. The first step is to identify the passages or surfaces to be deburred and then create a tool that will direct the flow to these areas. Then, we select an appropriate size of abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media to carry it. As we force the material through the workpiece using a hydraulic ram, it makes contact with every millimeter of the surface to be deburred, resulting in very uniform removal of material. Our expert staff understands exactly how to control this process by creating the right set of parameters for the job, based on:
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ?
Well, due to the highly customizable nature of the process, which can be controlled to aggressively remove material or deliver the finest surface honing, the potential applications of abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ are virtually infinite. But there are some industries where it is used more often. For example, Extrude Hone AFM frequently does work for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM discovered the benefits of abrasive flow deburring in Scottsdale AZ to improve the efficiency and performance of combustion engines, and today our process is routinely used by major manufacturers like Ford and Cadillac. The most commonly deburred automotive part is the intake manifold. By smoothing all the internal passages in the manifold, our process can improve the efficiency of combustion and reduce emissions.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Extrude Hone AFM’s Ultra Pure deburring process, designed specifically for the food processing industry, can render surfaces so smooth these problems will be a distant memory.