Get help with abrasive flow machining in Scottsdale AZ from Extrude Hone AFM
Whether you are producing metal parts yourself by casting, laser sintering, EDM, or conventional machining, or working with aftermarket parts, chances are you are going to need some surface improvements to remove imperfections. For simple applications, such as large holes or simple passages, manual polishing or electrochemical deburring might be sufficient. But, if your needs are more complex, you may be looking for a different solution that can meet your strict specifications.
Lucky for you, you’ve found a process that can help at Extrude Hone AFM
Abrasive flow machining in Scottsdale AZ utilizes specially formulated polymer media to suspend abrasive grit and deliver it evenly to every corner of the workpiece being finished. This process offers several important advantages over other finishing methods:
- The process can be used on any metal including titanium, Iconel, copper, aluminum, bronze, and other alloys
- AFM can reach even the most hidden holes, slots, and passages that would be inaccessible to other methods
- Both roughing and finishing can be completed in one process
- The entire workpiece need not be finished--we can direct flow selectively using the tooling
- We can control different variables in the process to meet your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in Scottsdale AZ
Thanks to the highly customizable nature of the process, abrasive flow machining in Scottsdale AZ has many different uses including:
- Radiussing: By providing a gentle, even, and continuous radiused edge AFM can enhance all kinds of parts, including aerospace parts like jet engine discs.
- Surface Stress Relief: EDM recast layers can be removed to eliminate risk of failure on highly stressed components.
- Polishing: With abrasive flow machining in Scottsdale AZ, every millimeter of the workpiece can be polished evenly to deliver the desired surface improvement.
- Geometry Optimization: AFM can be used as an aftermarket improvement on engine parts like manifolds, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts to optimize flow through the passages without affecting volume. AFM is also very useful for resizing precision dies.
- Deburring: Burrs of any size can alter flow or otherwise detract from highly precise processes. They are especially problematic for food and medical applications because they can harbor bacteria. AFM provides a simple way to remove burrs and other imperfections, improving surface finishes by 90 percent with minimal dimensional change.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
If you have any metal parts that could benefit from abrasive flow machining in Scottsdale AZ, please contcontactact us today to learn more about our process and get a quote on your job.