Our abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
No matter what type of manufacturing process is used to fabricate a metal part, the results will not be perfect. Instead, tiny, jagged burrs will be left behind somewhere on the part. When it comes to removing these imperfections, the traditional methods of manual deburring and electrochemical deburring often leave a lot to be desired--especially if you need a highly precise result. The good news is, you’ve found a better alternative at Extrude Hone AFM. We can provide abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN to:
- Remove burrs from any internal or external edge, slot, hole, or passage with a non-reactive media
- polish cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Perform roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN is accomplished through the use of specially formulated abrasive-laden polymers that behave sort of like flexible, 3D sandpaper. Our polymers are designed to keep the abrasive particles suspended uniformly at all times, while also allowing them to recirculate so fresh abrasive is always available where the polymer meets the surface being deburred. By adjusting the following variables, we can adjust our process to suit different types of metal, whether you need fine polishing or aggressive surface removal:
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN?
Abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. However, it is most commonly used for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Terre Haute IN can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: It is extremely important for food processing equipment to be totally smooth. Why? Because rough surfaces can trap bacteria and lead to contamination. Hundreds of companies have benefited from Extrude Hone’s Ultra Pure deburring process, which can remove both burrs and cavities to ensure quality results from all kinds of food processing equipment.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help.Call us at (562) 531-2976 to learn more.