Our abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Metal products created by EDM, laser sintering, casting, or conventional machining will require some type of finishing to remove burrs and other imperfections left by the manufacturing process. While there are a variety of different deburring technologies available for this purpose, only abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim can:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a chemically inactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Be applied to any metal from the hardest super alloys to soft aluminum or copper
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim is kind of like using liquid sandpaper. The first step is to identify the passages or surfaces to be deburred and then create a tool that will direct the flow to these areas. Then, we select an appropriate size of abrasive grit and viscosity of polymer media to carry it. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. Our expert staff understands exactly how to control this process by creating the right set of parameters for the job, based on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, at Extrude Hone AFM we have special expertise in abrasive flow deburring for:
- Aerospace: When it comes to aerospace applications, precision is of the utmost importance. It makes sense to continue to use abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim to finish all kinds of aerospace parts, as this highly precise method was actually invented for aerospace in the first place.
- Automotive Engines: Whether it is air or fuel flowing through the passages in an engine part, any turbulence is going to decrease efficiency. Using abrasive flow deburring in Anaheim, we can reduce turbulence and increase flow up to 25 percent. This in turn encourages more complete combustion for better fuel efficiency, power, and performance.
- Food Processing Equipment: Burrs can contaminate food products with metal if they snap off during processing. They can also trap food particles long enough for them to spoil, introducing bacteria into the product. Because our Ultra Pure process is so effective at removing burrs, it is a real boon for the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. Call us at (562) 531-2976 to learn more.