Extrude Hone AFM offers expert abrasive flow machining in Dallas TX for all your metal parts finishing needs
Most metal parts will need additional finishing after production, to remove imperfections left behind by casting, laser sintering, EDM, or conventional machining. For simple shapes, there may be many finishing options available. But the more complex the part--and the higher the level at which it will be expected to perform--the more difficult proper finishing becomes.
Lucky for you, at Extrude Hone AFM we have the solution you need:
Abrasive Flow Machining in Dallas TX.
Abrasive flow machining in Dallas TX works kind of like liquid sandpaper, utilizing an abrasive-laden polymer media to essentially erode away unwanted metal from the workpiece. Compared to other finishing methods, abrasive flow machining offers several important benefits:
- The process can be used on any metal including titanium, Iconel, copper, aluminum, bronze, and other alloys
- Hidden slots, convoluted passages, and cross drilled holes can all be finished with ease
- It provides roughing and finishing in one pass
- You can finish multiple passages at once or direct flow to one passage at a time using the appropriate tooling
- The process can be tailored to provide aggressive removal or delicate honing to your exact specs
Uses for Abrasive Flow Machining in Dallas TX
By controlling different variables, we can easily adapt abrasive flow machining in Dallas TX to different uses such as:
- Radiussing: AFM can be used to generate continuous, true-edge radii ideal for jet engine discs and other aerospace applications.
- Surface Stress Relief: By polishing away EDM recast layers, potential sources of surface stress can be removed to reduce the likelihood of metal fatigue leading to parts or system failure.
- Polishing: No matter how complex the shape of a part or passage, abrasive flow machining in Dallas TX can be used to deliver a uniform surface improvement.
- Geometry Optimization: AFM can be used as an aftermarket improvement on engine parts like manifolds, turbines, pumps, and hydraulic parts to optimize flow through the passages without affecting volume. AFM can also accurately adjust the size of precision dies while also enhancing their service life.
- Deburring: Even the tiniest metal burrs can interfere with the performance of a part, or even put human health at risk in the case of burr trapping bacteria in a food processing or medical component. With AFM, burrs can be removed without risk of damage or contamination to the passages in the part. The polymer media will carry them totally away.
Partner with Extrude Hone AFM Today
Extrude Hone AFM is a 40-year industry veteran. We know abrasive flow machining in Dallas TX and we are confident we can deliver the high quality improvements you need. Call us at (562) 531-2976 or contact us online to get a quote or to learn more about partnering with us.