Our abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Metal products created by EDM, laser sintering, casting, or conventional machining will require some type of finishing to remove burrs and other imperfections left by the manufacturing process. While there are a variety of different deburring technologies available for this purpose, only abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA can:
- Deburr any internal or external surface with a non-reactive media
- polish complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Perform roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA is a purely mechanical process that works by controlled erosion. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. As we force the material through the workpiece using a hydraulic ram, it makes contact with every millimeter of the surface to be deburred, resulting in very uniform removal of material. Our expert staff understands exactly how to control this process by creating the right set of parameters for the job, based on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA?
Abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA can be customized to the exact specs of just about any project, whether you require aggressive surface removal or just bit of honing. However, at Extrude Hone AFM we have special expertise in abrasive flow deburring for:
- Aerospace: The abrasive flow deburring process was actually invented for the aerospace industry. At Extrude Hone AFM, we continue to provide abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA up to the extremely high standards and tight tolerances required for aerospace applications.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Los Angeles CA can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Because our Ultra Pure process is so effective at removing burrs, it is a real boon for the food processing industry.
Call Now to Learn More
Extrude Hone AFM can assist with deburring projects of all sizes, whether you have one part for your muscle car or a thousand parts for your business. Call us at (562) 531-2976 to learn more.