Our abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Metal products created by EDM, laser sintering, casting, or conventional machining will require some type of finishing to remove burrs and other imperfections left by the manufacturing process. While there are a variety of different deburring technologies available for this purpose, only abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN can:
- Reach any internal or external surface with a chemically inactive media
- Handle complex arrays of cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Be applied to any metal from the hardest super alloys to soft aluminum or copper
- Provide roughing and finishing in one pass
- Deliver highly precise and repeatable results
How it works
Abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN is accomplished through the use of specially formulated abrasive-laden polymers that behave sort of like flexible, 3D sandpaper. We use a holding tool to direct the flow exactly where it is needed and a hydraulic ram to pressurize the polymer media so that it contacts all the surfaces at once and removes material evenly.
The process is highly customizable, enabling us to remove imperfections large and small from all kinds of metals. Our technicians know exactly how to adjust the following factors to give the exact results you want:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN?
Because it can be controlled so precisely, abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN is ideal for any application where internal passages, slots, or holes need to be smoothed. However, it is especially useful for:
- Aerospace: Abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN can enhance aerospace applications in many ways, from improving airfoil surface conditions to creating true radius edges to reducing mechanical fatigue around holes and
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Nashville TN can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and
- Food Processing Equipment: All the surfaces that food comes into contact with during processing need to be clean and smooth. If you have burrs, you could easily end up with contamination from bacteria or even from tiny bits of metal if the burrs break off during processing. Hundreds of companies have benefited from Extrude Hone’s Ultra Pure deburring process, which can remove both burrs and cavities to ensure quality results from all kinds of food processing equipment.