Our abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA can finish metal parts to the most exacting standards
Whether you’re using conventional manufacturing techniques or the latest 3D laser sintering methods to produce a metal part or prototype, you’re going to end up with burrs. These burrs must be removed to get the best performance from your part. When manual deburring or electrochemical deburring isn’t enough, turn to Extrude Hone AFM for abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA. This process can:
- Remove burrs from any internal or external edge, slot, hole, or passage with a non-reactive media
- polish cross-drilled and intersecting holes with ease
- Work on any type of metal such as titanium, Iconel, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc.
- Provide roughing and finishing in the same pass
- Remove material uniformly without altering the geometry of the part
How does it achieve all this?
Abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA is kind of like using liquid sandpaper. We load a polymer media with abrasive grit and then use a specially made “tool” or holder to direct the flow of this material to the specific passages or surfaces needing attention. Because the media is under pressure, it expands to fill the passages entirely, resulting in an extremely uniform finish. The speed of the process and how much metal is removed on each pass depends on:
- Type of metal
- Media viscosity
- Abrasive particle size and concentration
- Media flow rate, pressure, and temperature
Now you might wonder…
What are some ideal applications for abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA?
Well, due to the highly customizable nature of the process, which can be controlled to aggressively remove material or deliver the finest surface honing, the potential applications of abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA are virtually infinite. However, it is especially useful for:
- Aerospace: Abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA can enhance aerospace applications in many ways, from improving airfoil surface conditions to creating true radius edges to reducing mechanical fatigue around holes and attachments.
- Automotive Engines: Extrude Hone AFM pioneered the process of abrasive flow deburring for automotive engines. By uniformly smoothing and polishing the interior passages of parts like intake manifolds, abrasive flow deburring in Santa Ana CA can increase air and fuel flow through the engine, thus increasing horsepower, thrust, torque, and efficiency.
- Food Processing Equipment: There are two main problems that burrs present in equipment used to process food: contamination from bacteria trapped on and around the rough burrs, and contamination from the burrs themselves breaking off and mixing with the food product. Treating parts with our Ultra Pure abrasive flow machining process can prevent these issues.
Call Now to Learn More
Whether you need a way to put the finishing touches on parts made by your company, or you want to make some aftermarket improvements to your engine parts, Extrude Hone AFM is here to help. To get a quote, please contact us online or dial (562) 531-2976.